Everytime i think of madeleines i remember one of my favorites Jacques Brel's song Madeleine . Madeleines are french classical sweets that are coming in vogue again lately with revisited versions from the biggest French "Chef pâtissier" , so i decided to reinvent the flavors of this popular sweet which is classicaly perfumed with orange blossoms water and replace it with a flowery earlgrey infusion for more depth ...
PREP TIME15 min
COOK Time15 min
TOTAL Time30 min
- 65 gr flour
- 40 gr sugar
- 25 gr melted butter
- 20 gr heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 6 gr baking pouder
- 10 gr earlgrey tea
- 3 gr dried edible flowers petals
- pinch of salt
- Start by heating the heavy cream until it reaches a boiling temperature then use it to infuse the earlgrey tea for at least 15 min .
- In a bowl , mix the egg and sugar until it turns to a light yellow color then add the melted butter and continue mixing .
- Add the infused heavy cream .
- Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients and keep mixing until it is fully incorepated .
- Fold in some of the dried petals and sprinkle the rest on top before baking.
- In a 190 C preheated oven , bake your madeleines in a madeleine tray and don't forget to fill only 2/3 of it .
A full time sweet tooth foodie , foodphotographer and recipe developer who is always on the hunt of new flavor combinations and food discoveries to re-create sweet delicacies and fresh dessert recipes .