Rhubarb upside down Cake is a classic and since it is also strawberries season so i threw few strawberries as well and believe me the result was just exquisite . Rhubarb cakes are so special to my heart because i tried Rhubarb for the first time only few years ago and the first time was in an upside down cake . I immediately fell in love with it's sharp sour taste contrasting the vanilla flavoured cake . The recipe is actually one of the simplest things to make on a lazy weeknight , i will let you judge by yourselves i hope that you will like it .
- 100 gr strawberries
- 150 gr Rhubarb
- 25 gr sugar ( for the fruits base )
- 2 eggs
- 45 gr sugar
- 50 gr melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 gr baking pouder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 50 gr buttermilk
- 220 gr flour
- First , in a bowl place the rhubarb , starwberries cut in halves and te sugar and let it sit to release its juices .
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs , vanilla extract and sugar until it becomes fluffy then add in the melted butter and keep mixing .
- Sift all the dry ingredients and fold it in gently to keep the air in your batter .
- Loosen the mix with the buttermilk .
- In a greased baking pan lay down the marinated straweberries and rhubarb along with the juices that came out while marinating.
- Bake in a 170 C preheated oven for 40 min ( as usual the baking time depends on your oven so check it a little bit earlier to see if it is done )
A full time sweet tooth foodie , foodphotographer and recipe developer who is always on the hunt of new flavor combinations and food discoveries to re-create sweet delicacies and fresh dessert recipes .