This cake is one of the classics ,it's perfect for tea or coffee time .My mother used to prepare it on the quatre-quart base recipe but i wanted to change the traditional recipe and i got some inspiration from an italian sponge cake with mascarpone to get a moist spongy batter .
- 3 eggs
- 50 gr cold milk
- 175 gr flouer
- 100 gr sugar
- 12 gr baking pouder
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- 70 gr butter
- 100 gr Mascarpone
Let's get down to business
- Start by whisking the egg whites till cloudy white .
- Then , in a different bowl lightly mix egg yolks , sugar , butter , mascarpone and vanilla extract until getting a fluffy mixture .
- Now sift flouer and baking pouder into the mixture and fold in to get a homogenous batter that should be a little bit thick but don't panic , now it's the milk's turn to loosen it up .
- Remember the fluffy egg-white ? yeah fold it slowly with the previous batter to keep the cake airy and moist .
- Preheat your oven to 180 C and bake in a 12 cm loaf pan for 40 min ( it will of course depend on your oven so set it on 40 mins and check it every once in a while ) .
And tadaa !!! you got yourself a classy tea time cake .