Whalnuts and dates make a great combination in addition to the nutritional values that they have . And they are one of the best options in you want to cut on the sugar and add a little crunch to your next cake , so give it a try and i promise you ; you will love it .
For the cake :
- 3 eggs
- 90 gr sugar
- 150 gr greek yogurt
- 50 gr melted butter
- 85 gr whalnuts
- 200 gr flour
- 70 gr pitted dates
- 1 tsp baking pouder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Salted butter Caramel :
- 160 gr sugar
- 50 gr of salted butter
- 120 gr of liquid heavy cream
- First, whisk the eggs , sugar and the vanilla extract until it doubles in size.
- Then sift your dry igredients in a seperate bowl , and mix your chopped whalnuts and dates in .
- Mix your dry ingredient with the eggs mixtures then add the melted butter at the end with a pinch of salt
- bake your cake in a 20 cm kouglof baking pan for 30~35 min until it's passes the dry tooth pic test .
Salted butter Caramel Preparation :
- Start by melting your sugar in a pan on medium to low heat without stirring it a lot to keep the sugar from cristalizing .
- At the same time heat your cream without bringing it to boil .
- When all of the sugar melt and turns into a light golden colour add slowly the hot cream then the butter , and be careful the sugar is so hot at this point .
- Set your caramel a side from the stove and add w generous pinch of sea salt or half a tea spoon if your butter is not salted .
PS: the Caramel can be stored in the fridge for 4 to 6 weeks .
And Voilà ...
A full time sweet tooth foodie , foodphotographer and recipe developer who is always on the hunt of new flavor combinations and food discoveries to re-create sweet delicacies and fresh dessert recipes .