I decided to start using more fruits in my cakes to add more freshness and and addditional texture , and of course i couldn't skip reinventing a classical recipe ; the Caramalised apple cake, but of course i tried to creat a healthier recipe while enjoying the same great taste ...
Caramelised apple cake
- 3 eggs
- 100 gr coconut flour
- 100 gr flour
- 10 gr baking pouder
- 50 gr melted butter
- 75 gr buttermilk
- 80 gr brown sugar
- 125 gr milk
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 big apple ( thinly sliced )
- for the caramel 25 gr butter + 25 gr sugar
- Mix and sift the dry ingredients .
- Mix the eggs , buttermilk , lemon zest , sugar and melted butter , then add in the dry ingredietns .
- You will get a thick doughy mixture that should be loosen up with milk .
- Preheat the oven at 180 C and put a greased round pan with the 25 gr of butter until it melts .
- Once the butter melts sprinkle the 25 gr of sugar and lay down your apple slices .
- bake for 35 min until golden on the top .
- While it's warm release the cake from the baking pan and voilà...
A full time sweet tooth foodie , foodphotographer and recipe developer who is always on the hunt of new flavor combinations and food discoveries to re-create sweet delicacies and fresh dessert recipes .