I decided to start using more fruits in my cakes to add more freshness and and addditional texture , and of course i couldn't skip reinventing a classical recipe ; the Caramalised apple cake, but of course i tried to creat a healthier recipe while enjoying the same great taste ...
Caramelised apple cake
PREP TIME15 min
COOK Time35 min
TOTAL Time50 min
100 gr coconut flour
100 gr flour
10 gr baking pouder
50 gr melted butter
75 gr buttermilk
80 gr brown sugar
125 gr milk
1 lemon zest
1 big apple ( thinly sliced )
for the caramel 25 gr butter + 25 gr sugar
- Mix and sift the dry ingredients .
- Mix the eggs , buttermilk , lemon zest , sugar and melted butter , then add in the dry ingredietns .
- You will get a thick doughy mixture that should be loosen up with milk .
- Preheat the oven at 180 C and put a greased round pan with the 25 gr of butter until it melts .
- Once the butter melts sprinkle the 25 gr of sugar and lay down your apple slices .
- bake for 35 min until golden on the top .
- While it's warm release the cake from the baking pan and voilà...
A full time sweet tooth foodie , foodphotographer and recipe developer who is always on the hunt of new flavor combinations and food discoveries to re-create sweet delicacies and fresh dessert recipes .