Did you know that Men should be spoiled constently even more than kids ? well at least mine is . After days and days of convincing here i am finally making my mans dreams of chocolate and moka cake come true . To tell you the truth i love layer cakes because but i don't make them that often because they are big and i hate food waste and since there is only two of us they usually sit in the fridge for more than a week and they do not taste the same anymore so i try to only make layer cakes for special occasions when i have guest or for birthday parties . But this time i wanted to spoil him and so prepared this easy cake for the weekend ...
Cacao Sponge cake :
- 100 gr flour
- 25 gr cacao pouder
- 125 gr sugar
- 4 eggs
__Mascarpone Moka cream : __
- 250 gr Mascarpone cheese
- 70 gr heavy cream
- 70 gr sugar
- 20 gr instant moka pouder + 1 tbsp of hot water
__Cacao Sponge Cake : __
- In a big bowl place the eggs and sugar then start whipping using a stand mixer for at least 15 min until the liquid turns into a mousse like texture and it doubles in size .
- Sift the dry ingredietns together.
- Gradually fold in the dry ingredients until you get a homogenous fluffy mixture.
- Bake in a 180 C preheated oven for 20 to 25 Min (it will depend on your oven) .
- Meanwhile , whip the heavy cream and sugar then set in the fridge .
- In a different bowl mix the mascarpone cheese with the moka mixture then add in the whipped cream that you made earlier and reserve the cream in the fridge for at least 1 hr .
- Now that your Sponge cake is cold , slice it into 4 layers and start assembling your cake alterning cake , simple sugar sirop to keep the cake moist and the Moka cream .
- Decorate your cake with the same Moka cream and let your creativity guide you when it comes to any decoration ideas . I personally just kept it as simple as i can .
Tip : Add some crashed almond between the layers for an extra crunch . And Voilà
A full time sweet tooth foodie , foodphotographer and recipe developer who is always on the hunt of new flavor combinations and food discoveries to re-create sweet delicacies and fresh dessert recipes .