A fresh apricot upsidown cake craving have been hunting my sweet fantasies since a few days now , since the day i saw some gorgous fresh apricots at the farmers market . And of course i couldn't resist to buy some and prepare a new recipe for the most heavenly pistachios fresh apricot upside down cake with a mediterenian hint that will take you all the way to the warm sunny weather and delightful aroma of north African coastal cities with some orange blossom water . This apricot cake transported me to my early childhood memories when we were used to pick apricots from the neighbours tree under the hot sun and run away to enjoy them before getting caught . I think that it is enough nostalgia , it's time to give you the recipe to this mouth full of freshness and sweetness recipe "Pistachios and fresh apricots upside down cake".
Pistachio and Fresh Apricot upside down cake
- 3 eggs
- 150 gr sugar
- 150 gr flour
- 50 gr pistachio flour
- 50 gr almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 gr greek yogurt
- 10 gr baking pouder
- 250 gr halved fresh Apricots
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water ( optional . you can replace it with vanilla extract )
- 25 gr caster sugar
- In a Bowl mix the fresh apricots , caster sugar and orange blossom water and let them rest while preparing the cake batter .
- Mix the sugar , eggs and vanilla extract using an electric stand mixer on the maximum speed util it turns fluffy and white-ish .
- Add in the oil and integrate the yogurt in the mix while trying to keep it fluffy and airy.
- Now sift the flour and baking pouder then mix it with the pistachios and almonds , don't worry if there is big chunks of pistachios or almonds it will add some crunch to the mix .
- Fold in gradually the dry ingredients into the egg mix until it gets smooth and homogenous .
- In a well greased baking pan sprinkle some sugar in the bottom then organise on top of it the marinated apricots . ( dont forget to pour in the juices released from the lucious Apricots into the pan as well ) .
- Add the batter on top then bake the cake in a 180 C preheated oven for 45 Min . ( of course this time will change depending on your oven so don't forget to check on it from time to time .
- Finally unmold your cake and sprinkle it with some icing sugar and/or pistachios for a colorful last touch .
And voilà ...