The weather finally decided to settle down and get warm so all the beautiful spring fruits can thrive and get ripe . And of course the all time spring star "Rhubarb" is everywhere in the farmer market now and i couldn't resist buying it .
The easiest way to cook rhubarb is roasting it and adding a bunch of sweet flowery flavors to cut down it's acidity . Plus it is versatile you can use it on porridge , pancakes , with icecream ,on toast etc... the possibilities are unlimited .
But today our Recipe is a simple effortless Low carb panna cotta to complement the roasted rubarb . So enjoy it without feeling guilty about that summer body diet ...
- 250 gr Rhubarb
- 1 orange
- 2 Star Anise
- Vanilla (or vanilla extract)
- 500 gr heavy cream
- Sweetner ( the equivalent of 75 gr sugar )
- vanilla beans (or vanilla extract)
- 5gr Agar Agar
- Strawberries and pistachios for decoration
- Wash and cut your Rhubarb into 2-3 cm long pieces and place them on your baking sheet .
- We will use the orange's peel and juice along with the vanilla and Star anise on top of the Rhubarb.
- Bake the Rhubarb for 15 min in a 150 C preaheted oven .
- On a medium heat , place the heavy cream and vanilla in a pan until it simmers .
- Add in the agar agar and keep it on the stove for 1 or 2 extra minutes .
- Take the pan off the heat and add the seweetner.
- Place in your presentation cups or bowls and let it sit in the fridge overnight (or at least for 4 Hours).
- Decorate the panna cotta with your baked Rhubarb and some of the baking juices (Optional : add some strawberries and pistachios to get an extra layer of flavors ).
And voilà ...