Oranges are one of my favorite fruits and since it's the season , why not enjoy it in a different way than a simple breakfast juice.
Orange cake is a classic childhood desert that i loved helping to make it when my mother prepared it for me , that's why i can't help but making it whenever i have loads of oranges laying on my fruit basket .
But of course the original recipe is so sweet and contains a big ratio of oil in it counter to this recipe that contains only 181 Cal per serving ( 6 serving ) .
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- Juice of 1/2 orange + the zest
- 50 gr cottage cheese
- 120 gr flour
- 25 gr melted butter
- 80 gr sugar
- 5 gr baking pouder
- pinch of salt
LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
- Mix the eggs , sugar , cottage cheese and orange juice .
- Add in the sifted flour , baking pouder and a pinch of salt .
- Stir in the melted butter .
- Bake in a 180 C preheated over for 35 ~ 40 min until golden .
__ Ps: The baking sheet i used is small so do not hesitate to multiply the ingredients quantities if you want a bigger cake , for reference if you double the ingredients i mentioned above you should have enough for a medium size loaf baking sheet . __
And voilà , it's ready to enjoy it with a hot cup of tea ...