Cheese cakes are not my cup of tea but i just can#t stop myself from craving a slice of it from time to time , and this time i wanted to test a raw version with epic flavors , blood orange and cardamom , i guess you know by now that i love putting cardamom almost everywhere , but trust me it really complements oranges graciously ...
Orange Cardamom cheesecake
The cheesecake crust:
- 200 gr graham crackers
- 100 gr melted butter
The cheese mixture:
- 300 gr cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 250 gr milk
- 50 gr sugar
- 50 gr icing sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest and juice of 2 blood oranges
- 10 gr Agar-Agar
- Start preparing the crust mixing the graham crackers and melted butter , then pressing it in the bakin sheet , finally reserve in the fridge for at least 30 min ( i got it out a little bit earlier and it just collapsed )
- Prepare a blood orange custard : start heating the milk . Meanwhile mix the sugar , vanilla extract , eggs , corn starch and Agar-Agar until ,cardamom , orange juice and zest until homogenous . Finally pour the hot milk, whisk it for a couple of seconds and return it to cook util the custard boils . set it aside to cool .
- Whisk the cream cheese with the icing sugar and incorporate the cold blood orange custard gradually .
- Get out the cheese cake crust pour in the cheese mixture and return back to the fridge for at least 3 hours .
- Release the cheese cake gently and decorate it with some fresh orange slices .
Optional: you can finish the top of your cheesecake with a thin layer of meringue and torch it for a nice final touch .
A full time sweet tooth foodie , foodphotographer and recipe developer who is always on the hunt of new flavor combinations and food discoveries to re-create sweet delicacies and fresh dessert recipes .