Well i am not the biggest fan of sugar cookies . I ofently find them to be un-interessting and fade even though they can be flavored with vanilla or lemon zest. So i tried a new flavor , rose water (or rose extract) . It gives it a deep flowery flavor without beeing so strong and overwhelming , it is subtle and yet it magically compells your palate and takes you on a trip to a magical summery garden .
plus those roses petals looks gorgeous adding an effortless pictursque look to it as a finishing touch .
So enjoy it ...
Rose sugar cookies
- 100 gr soft butter
- 75 gr sugar
- 1 tsp rose water
- 8 gr baking pouder
- 250 gr flour
- 1 egg
__for the icing __
- 50 gr icing sugar
- 1 tbsp sugar sirop ( a thick one )
- 2 or 2 tbsp cold milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional : Some dry rose petals for decoration
- Whip the butter and sugar until it becomes white-ich and fluffy , add in the egg and keep the mixer on medium speed utill you get a homogenous texture .
- Sift in the flour baking pouder and a pinch of salt and don't forget to add the rose water .
- Gently form a dough with a spatula or with your hands and place it on a parchment paper .
- Roll out the dough and cut it into any desired shape using a cookie cutter .
- Bake the cookies in a 180 degree preheated oven for 15 min , they should stay white and they will harden when cold so don't worry about them beeing undercooked .
- Now let's move to the icing , actually this is easy place all of the ingredients and mix them until you get a silky shiny icing .
- Wait until your cookies are fully cold and decorate them with the icing and sprinkle some rose petals on top for decoration .
And voilà ...