This is absolutely one of my star recipes ever. Everyone just love how moist and light this carrot cake is , so why not stick around and find out the BEST moist carrot cake recipe ever invented !
Can i tell you a secret ? I never tasted a carrot cake before i was 25 years old ! well i first discovered carrot cakes in some parisian coffee shops and since then i fell in love with the sweet and yet discrete taste of carrots. But i always hated the shredded carrots texture , and maybe that's why i stopped eating it for a while before deciding to creat my own recipe using pureed cooked carrots .
cooked and pureed carrots keep the cake's moisutre longer and gives you a great bright orange color , seriously i get often asked if the cake contains any type of coloring !
This moist carrot cake recipe is litterally a cake party in your mouth . the moist to death texture combined with the light cinnamon and cardamom taste are one hell of an experience for everyones taste buds . Well at least this was my collegues reacation last week when i made them this carrot cake recipe and brought it to the office on monday .
If you are a constant reader of the blog since its beginning you may know by now my obsession of cardamom in cakes . Well i find that cardamom add a mysterious christmasy yet sweet and exotic taste to any nutty cake . And it marries to perfection the carrots sweetness so of course i couldn't resist adding some and updting my old recipe that did not have cardamom in it .
Clasically Carrot cake recipes come always with a cream cheese topping. well i love it to say the truth but i wanted to cut a little bit on the calories here. And keep it simple and easy to keep for a couple of days or even for a week. Plus it is simple to transport as a quick snack at the office , before that intense workout session or to give to kids since it's the back to school season ,for sure a carrot cake slice is a better option than a chocolate bar or other industrial sweet snacks .
Can cake be healthy ? well hell yes and this easy carrot cake recipe is one of the healthiest options for those who are craving something sweet but don't want to feel guilty after eating it . It's all about balance ! In this moist carrot cake recipe i reduced the sugar quantity dramaticly since carrots are already sweet and they somehow become sweeter when you cook them so there was no need to have a huge amout of sugar and it's still tastful and staisfing of any sweet cravings . In adittion carrots are packed of vitamins : Vitamin A , K1 , B6 , potassium and Biotin among others which form a magical potion to boost your immune system , mytabolism help you with blood pressure control and many many other benefits. Still hesitating to try this simple and moist carrot cake recipe ? I don't think so !
So here is the best Moist carrot cake recipe that you can ever find , Enjoy it!
The best moist carrot cake ever !
- 250 carrot puree ( well strained of the excess water )
- 70 gr sugar
- 50 gr vegetal oil
- 200 gr flour
- 12 gr baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- Handfull of whalnuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- Dice 250 gr of carrot and cook them in boiling water until they become soft them mix them to get a smooth puree .
- While your puree is cooling down mix all the liquid ingredients in a bowl .
- Add in the cold carrot puree and sugar then mix until homogenous .
- In a seperate bowl , sift the flour , baking powder , cinnamon and cardamom .
- Introduce the dry ingredients in the first bowl gradually while mixing very well so no flour lumps form in your batter .
- Coarsly chop the roasted whalnuts and add 2/3 of the quantity in your batter and save the rest for decoration .
- Place your batter un a well greased loaf pan ( 24 cm x 11 cm ) and sprinckle the rest of whalnuts on top .
Tip : To prevent the decoration whalnuts from burning while baking you can cover the baking loaf pan with parchment paper when you feel that they turned to a dark brown color .
- Bake in a 180 C preheated oven for 35 min or until a tooth pick coumes out clean of your cake .
- Let the cake cool while preparing a 30 seconds simple glazing mixing the lemon juice and icing sugar .
- Finally drizzle your glazing on the cold carrot cake .
And voilà ...
A full time sweet tooth foodie , foodphotographer and recipe developer who is always on the hunt of new flavor combinations and food discoveries to re-create sweet delicacies and fresh dessert recipes .