Cakes are all about share kindness and generosity and the purpose of baking is to make your friends and family happy . So of course the best birthday gift idea for a chocolate lover can be nothing than a good chocolate cake . And since it's my cute vegan friend Miluska's birthday i had to make her a special cake .Well it was a challenge but i am more than happy with the result of this recipe that took some some time but went increadibly well at the end and i can not be more happy then the moment i saw the happy face of milo tasting it , so Cheers to you Milo ...
vegan chocolate cake
Vegan Chiffon chocolate cake
- 300 gr flour
- 50 gr Cacao pouder
- 100 gr vegetables oil
- 165 gr water
- 10 gr baking pouder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 gr sugar
__Vegan chocolate Hazelnuts ganache __
- 200 gr vegan dark chocolate
- 40 gr coconut butter
- 60 gr Almond milk (or any other vegan milk)
- 60 gr icing sugar
__Chocolate glazing __
- 100 gr vegan dark chocolate
- 35 gr coconut butter
- Some torrefied Hazelnuts for decoration
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl , then add the oil and warm water and mix to get a thick batter .
- Bake the Chiffon cake in a 180 C preheated oven for 35 mins and leave it to cool down ( preferably overnight )
- Over medium heat put together the chocolate , coconut butter and milk in a pan to melt .
- Set it aside for 20 min then whip it until it thickens and add the icing sugar and keep mixing to get a regular chocolate ganache texture .
- Put the ganache in the fridge again for 30 min and then mix it again to get fluffier and richer in texture .
- Slice your chocolate chiffon cake into two and stuff it with the ganache ( at this point you can add some berries for a fresh twist ).
- Cover your cake with the rest of the ganache and reserve it in the fridge for 1 hour at least .
- Meanwhile , melt the glazing chocolate and coconut butter and chop some hazelnuts for decoration .
- Get out the cake and glaze it with chocolate then sprinkle the hazelnuts on top or you can decorate it anyway you want , the options are unlimited ...
A full time sweet tooth foodie , foodphotographer and recipe developer who is always on the hunt of new flavor combinations and food discoveries to re-create sweet delicacies and fresh dessert recipes .